We have launched an Indiegogo Campaign to finance the long anticipated revamping of our website to create a new user experience for both the public and for our artists. The link to the campaign is http://www.indiegogo.com/P1xels.
Below is a list of features that will be implemented in the new site. As you can see, it is a transformational change that will allow for vastly increased interactivity, elegant site navigation, article/artist/gallery feature presentation/, artist tools, and so. We have been planning this for a while and we have listened to everyone who has written with feature requests.
This site rebuild will allow us to add some amazing features we have on the drawing boards down the road, as well.
But one step at a time!
Please visit the campaign page, check out the wonderful contributor rewards, share with your friends, put the word out. Thanks to everybody for your support and good thoughts! —Knox
P1xels 2.0 website Features
1. Retina display support for iPad, iPhone, and any other Retina-display ready devices.
2. Touch-enabled navigation for mobile devices
- modern html5 and css3 responsive design (adapts to any size screen)
- a really cool new navigation interface for exploring our wonderful and huge collection of curated images, as well as galleries, interviews, and articles
- built-in uploading from iphone/ipad (eventually will support other mobile devices)
3. Improved sharing features for site visitors and artists:
4. Improved artist features on the site:
- profile pages
- artist galleries (P1xels will always remain curated on the front end, but we want artists to have the opportunity to show more of their work)
- friend list
- discussion boards/forums
- submission queue (see what you’ve submitted, and what has been accepted)
5. Facebook integration for registration & login
6. E-commerce for prints & merchandise