Here is a list of past shows, exhibitions, and events produced by P1xels—The Art of the iPhone. Be sure to visit our Press page for a comprehensive overview of features, interviews, and video coverage of P1xels and the iphonic art movement.
At the moment, there are no upcoming shows or events, other than MacWorld, where a number of P1xels artists will be featured, and where Karen Divine, Cindy Patrick, and a host of others, including myself, will be speaking on January 30.
December 1, 2012-January 31, 2013
THE THIRD WAVE (58 prints, 100 images in digital slide show – juried)
The Garden Gate Creativity Center, 2911 Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA
December 21, 2012 – February 22, 2013.
OutOfMyMind Gallery, Goethestraße 36, Bremen, Germany
San Francisco Chronicle Feature
PAST SHOWS & EVENTS
January 30-February 28, 2010
Pixels At An Exhibition (200 prints – juried)
Giorgi Gallery, 2911 Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA
New York Times
San Jose Mercury News/Contra Costa Times/Oakland Tribune
May 15-June 13, 2010
Iphontography 2010 (44 prints – juried)
The OakBook Gallery
Jack London Square
August 6-14 2010
Iphoneography 2010: The Unfolding (64 prints – Oakbook show plus twenty selected by Knox Bronson and Maia Panos)
Apple store events (invited by Apple to showcase iphoneography to the public)
2010-2011, 25-40 prints, 200+ slides in presentations)
July 8, 2010 (San Francisco, Artistic Photographers of America presentation)
September 27, 2010 (San Francisco)
October 21, 2010 (Chicago)
October 29, 2010 (New York City)
November 11, 2010 (Santa Monica)
July 25, 2011 (San Francisco)
October 21, 2011 (Santa Monica)
June 1 – June 30, 2011
Arty Gallery (144 images – OCCCA show + 8 selected by Knox)
September 22 – October 30, 2011
Second Annual Pixels At An Exhibition
Giorgi Gallery (100 images – P1xels artists from OCCCA show)
2911 Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA
April 12-May 5, 2012
Mobile P1xels Show (38 images – by invitation)
Los Angeles Center For Digital Art, 102 W. 5th St., Los
List of art
Additional P1xels information:
- First and only curated daily iphonic art (aka iphoneography, mobile photography) site, Pixels—The Art of the iPhone.
- First juried iphonic art gallery show ever (Giorgi 2010). Second juried show, Oakbook 2010. Third juried show, OCCCA 2011. (And others since.)
- First site/show to be featured in New York Times, in major metro daily (Contra Costa Times/SJ Mercury News/SF News Group), in national/international press (Washington Post), in the Huffington Post, in a major national magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, on the Voice of America broadcast throughout the Middle East. And much more press.
- First to be invited by Apple to produce iphonic art events in Apple Stores around the country to introduce the medium to the public. (SF, LA, Chicago, NYC)
- First major interview on Flipboard (Apple App of the Year) as well as inclusion as first and only iPhonic art in featured premium content on Flipboard.
- First traveling iphonic art show: Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, Arty Gallery, Los Angeles, Giorgi Gallery, Berkeley (April, June, October) 2011.
- First iphonic art magazine P1XELS
- First large-format print show (Los Angeles Center For Digital Art 2012).
- First iPhonic art site to begin selling limited edition archival prints.