How do I love Johanna Streich’s work? Let me count the ways …
- I love her bold sensuality and intelligence
- I love the beautiful composition of her black-and-whites, the expressionist undertones
- I love her beauty
- I love the overt sexuality and explosive eroticism and the mystery, the irreducible femininity of her work.
- I love the implicit innocence she projects like a Black Forest wood-nymph into her images.
- I love her artistic vision and its understated rebellion.
She is one of a handful of rare and treasured artists who only post on P1xels—The Art of the iPhone and I love her for that as well.
If you love what P1xels does, what we have done, and love the many artists we have been the first to feature anywhere on the web over the past two-and-a-half years, please do one or all of the following: “Like” this post; Tweet this post; visit our Indiegogo P1xels’ New Website Page and make a contribution or even just leave a comment, which adds to our buzz factor. Or post the link on you Facebook page: http://indiegogo.com/P1xels. The new site is for everybody, art makers and art lovers alike. Thank you!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Here is a video, Umarmt mich diese Einsamkeit, by her long-time collaborator and P1xels’ artist Butow Maler, which beyond any doubt demonstrates what a gifted model and actress Johanna is.
Starring: Johanna S.
Words: Andreas Neu
Pictures, Music, Voice: Butow Maler
Pictures are taken with “Super8″ on an iPhone 4.
Edited with “iMovie” and post processed with “CinemaFXV” also on the iPhone.